Under the direction of the First Presidency and the Quorum of Twelve Apostles, we announce the following changes:
• Effective April 23, 2019, the name of the Nigeria Calabar Mission will be changed to the Nigeria Uyo Mission.
• Effective May 29, 2019, there will be a realignment of the boundaries of the Nigeria Calabar, Nigeria Enugu, Nigeria Lagos, Nigeria Owerri, and
Nigeria Port Harcourt Missions.
• Additional information is enclosed.
These changes are being made to better position the missions in Nigeria for the future growth and establishment of the Church. Your faithful, diligent, and willing cooperation to bring about these inspired mission boundary changes is both needed and appreciated.
“Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.” Alma 5:33
We anticipate significant future growth of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Nigeria and recognize the Lord’s hand in bringing this about. He is gathering His people preparatory to the Second Coming.
We love you. Thank you for your wonderful and devoted service in the Lord’s vineyard.
The following changes have been approved as part of the realignment of some Nigeria missions:
1. Transfer the following branches from the Nigeria Calabar Mission to the Nigeria Enugu Mission:
a. Ikom Branch
b. Ogoja Branch
c. Ugep 1st Branch
d. Ugep 2nd Branch
2. Transfer the following stakes from the Nigeria Calabar Mission to the Nigeria Owerri Mission:
a. Abak Nigeria Stake
b. Ikot Ekpene Nigeria Stake
3. Transfer the following stakes from the Nigeria Calabar Mission to the Nigeria Port Harcourt Mission:
a. Ikot Akpaden Nigeria Stake
b. Ikot Akpatek Nigeria Stake
4. Transfer the following units from the Nigeria Enugu Mission to the Lagos Nigeria Mission:
a. Abuja Nigeria North Stake
b. Abuja Nigeria South Stake
c. Jos Nigeria District
5. Transfer the following units from the Nigeria Owerri Mission to the Nigeria Enugu Mission:
a. Umuahia Nigeria Stake
b. Asaga Ohafia Nigeria District
6. Change the name of the Nigeria Calabar Mission to Nigeria Uyo Mission.
7. Realign mission boundaries.