1. Those who prepare, bless, or pass the sacrament first wash their hands with soap or other cleansers.
2. Teachers, priests, or Melchizedek Priesthood holders make sure that bread trays with unbroken bread, water trays with cups of clean water, and clean tablecloths are in place before the meeting
3. As ward members sing a sacrament hymn, those who will bless the sacrament reverently stand, remove the cloth that covers the bread trays, and break the bread into bite-sized pieces.
4. After the hymn, the person blessing the bread kneels and says the sacrament prayer for the bread (see Doctrine and Covenants 20:77).
5. The bishop makes sure the sacrament prayers are spoken clearly, accurately, and with dignity. If someone makes an error in the wording and corrects himself, no further correction is needed. If the person does not correct his error, the bishop kindly asks him to repeat the prayer. The bishop uses discretion when asking for the prayer to be repeated. He ensures that doing so does not cause undue embarrassment or detract from the ordinance. Another person at the sacrament table can help as needed.
6. After the prayer, priesthood holders reverently pass the bread to the members. The presiding leader receives it first, after which there is no set order. Once a tray is handed to members, they may pass it to one another.
7. Members partake with their right hand when possible.
8. When the bread has been passed to all members, those passing the sacrament return the trays to the sacrament table. Those blessing the sacrament place a cloth over the bread trays and uncover the water trays
9. The person blessing the water kneels and says the sacrament prayer for the water (see Doctrine and Covenants 20:79). He substitutes the word water for wine.
10. After the prayer, priesthood holders reverently pass the water to the members. The presiding leader receives it first, after which there is no set order.
11. When the water has been passed to all members, those passing the sacrament return the trays to the sacrament table. Those who blessed the sacrament place a cloth over the trays, and those who blessed and passed the sacrament reverently take their seats.
12. After the meeting, those who prepared the sacrament clean up, fold the tablecloths, and remove any unused bread.