Continuing the Church’s emphasis on strengthening single adults, the First Presidency has given approval for areas to establish gathering places for young single adults based on local needs.
What is a ‘gathering place’?
A gathering place is a designated location in an existing Church facility — such as a meetinghouse or institute building — where young single adults and their friends can gather for some or all the following:
- Religious education and gospel learning (including institute)
- Service and social activities
- Temple and family history activities
- Self-reliance, education opportunities, and support groups
- Missionary and community-outreach activities
- Other Church programs
Africa West Area
All gathering places in the stakes and districts have been approved by the area presidency and overseen by stake or district presidents and bishops or branch presidents.
Elder Hugo Martinez (Area president), with some Area leaders, launched the Gathering place initiative in Abuja Nigeria Kubwa Stake on Sunday, May 9, 2021.
The YSAs were encouraged to come unto Christ and find joy through daily repentance.
Watch Gathering Overview